In response to concerns raised following several recalls of spices due to Salmonella, ASTA has developed guidance for the industry on pathogens in spice. The guidance includes five key recommendations:
- Minimize the risk for introduction of filth throughout the supply chain
- Prevent environmental contamination, cross-contamination, and post-processing contamination during processing and storage
- Use validated microbial reduction techniques
- Perform post-treatment testing to verify a safe product
- Test to verify a clean and wholesome manufacturing environment
To purchase a hard copy ($10.00 for Members/Non-Members)
ASTA has made this publication available for download for free. Please take a moment to complete this following form to complete the download.
If you have any questions about these publications, please contact the ASTA office at email@example.com.