Eligibility Criteria for ASTA’s Board of Directors
- Nominees must be representatives from active members of ASTA
- Candidates for the Board of Directors must have experience and knowledge in the spice industry and be a decision maker within their company
- Candidates should have actively participated in and contributed to ASTA – for example, individuals with committee volunteer experience are ideal nominees
- Directors of the Board must be able to commit the necessary time to actively participate. Board members are expected to attend four in person board meetings plus occasional conference calls, serve on board committees and task forces, and attend the ASTA Annual Meeting and Regulatory Workshop. All Directors are responsible for their own expenses for travel.Directors typically serve three consecutive one-year terms.
- The Board of Directors should have representation of the various segments of the spice industry as well as a variety of company sizes and types
- The Board of Directors should be composed of members with diverse management backgrounds (e.g. executive, technical/scientific, procurement, financial, etc.). Consideration should also be given to diversity of perspectives and demographic characteristics of individual candidates.