Job Title: Logistics Manager
Please contact [email protected] for inquiries. ASTA will forward your information on to the company.
Our business is looking for a talented and qualified Logistics Manager to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for all Logistics and Supply chain management duties including coordinating / monitoring shipments with producing factories at origin countries, managing inventory & replenishment, selecting carriers, organizing deliveries and invoicing clients.
The successful candidate must demonstrate attention to detail to be able to oversee daily operations and manage the business. In addition to possessing strong organizational skills, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and inventory systems in a B2B environment. Prior experience with SAP would be a plus. The right candidate should be able to maintain a positive employee relationship climate and provide superior service levels to our customers.
• Oversee the flow of materials throughout the B2B supply chain.
• Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
• Co-ordinate and manage the after sales process including invoicing, stock replenishment, customer notification and delivery coordination.
• Manage activity between the various company manufacturing facilities (inter-plants), business units.
• Track + coordinate shipments to ensure schedule is maintained and shipments are secure. Weekly verification of factory generated shipping schedule vs PO instructions.
• Coordinate logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
• Monitoring contract periods and client draws / PO’s + managing client draws / PO’s in relation to defined credit limits. Update client databases to ensure customer specific requirements related to labelling, documentation, etc. is captured.
• Monthly calibration of forward contract pricing with regards to the market.
• Ensure warehouse physical inventory levels tally with SAP or other ERP reports.
• New customer development / follow up. Sales/logistics related travel as necessary.
• Respond to any issues, complaints, customer claims.
• Evaluate inventory and develop replenishment measures.
• Daily verification of sales and purchase contracts versus SAR or other ERP data.
• Pursue cost saving projects that bring financial value to the group.
• Work closely with the Production and Quality teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business specializing in Logistics, Supply Chain, or similar field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a B2B operating environment. Experience with a food ingredients manufacturer is a plus.
• Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management processes. SAP user experience is beneficial.
• Experience with a multi-location operation and with a logistics function serving them is preferred.
• Demonstratable intermediate level experience with Microsoft products – Excel, Word, Power Point.
• In depth analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.