Company: Griffith Foods
Job Title: Purchasing Director
Location: Alsip, IL
Reports To: Ryan Schuering, VP Purchasing
Summary: The Purchasing Director – Responsibility for strategic purchasing for Spices & Vegetables for North America. The position will lead/oversee the spice & vegetable category sourcing, negotiations, supplier relationship management, raw material inventory (working capital), contract management for GFUS, Griffith Canada, Griffith Mexico, Innova, and Custom Culinary and oversee the purchasing professionals responsible for specific categories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing and managing supplier relationships in conjunction with internal stakeholders (Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Research & Development, Finance, and Customer Service).
- Negotiating and managing strategic contracts that include an emphasis on quality, service and continuous improvement.
- Development and management of the budgetary process and the associated Purchase Price Variance (PPV).
- Lead and/or support cross functional teams that impact Griffith’s Strategic Positioning.
- Work closely with several internal stakeholders to assure an optimized cost of use for all raw materials.
- Communicate with internal and external customers on raw material topics, issues, and variances to the Operating Plan.
- Drive process solutions and have strong project management skills.
- Manage and develop direct reports across regions.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM): Execution of supplier scorecard process, supplier audit process as it relates to purchasing, and the rating of suppliers.
- Develop partnerships with the supply community.
- Manage/oversight of risk associated with Spice & Vegetable.
- Establish, monitor, and impact the Operating Plan budget through various tools: Raw Material Forecasting, GCI, $ wtd Lead Time, $ Wtd DPO, etc.
- Develop or support the Purchasing team in setting supplier and/or category strategies. Lead or assist in negotiating strategic contracts for specific Global Griffith entities.
- Lower cost of use (and breakeven point) for purchasing responsibilities.
- Ensure proactive communication of supply chain issues to proper internal and external stakeholders and coordination of solution implementation.
- Customer interaction along with direct reports to facilitate market recommendations or as an information source.
- Purchasing representative/lead on cross functional projects.
- Apply legal and ethical behavior to negotiations and supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance of suppliers to Griffith’s quality, regulatory, and legal documentation expectations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Purchasing or Supply Chain.
- Master’s (MBA) degree a plus.
- Professional certification a plus (CPM/CPIM).
- 10+ years’ experience in Food or Beverage Purchasing.
- 10+ years’ progressive Purchasing supervisory background.
- Strong knowledge of commodities and risk management.
- In depth understanding of MRP/ERP systems.
- Strong process and analytical mindset.
- Proven, strong negotiation experience.
- Contract development and management.
- Supplier Relationship Management.
- Global sourcing.
- Cross functional project management.
- Proven cost savings and continuous improvement approach.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) is a plus.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. Please encourage your friends to apply online at https://850.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/griffith.
Company: Frontier Co-op
Job Title: Director, Quality Control
Reports to: Vice President of Technical Services
Location: Iowa City / Cedar Rapids Metro Area
Address: Norway, IA 52318, United States
Email: [email protected]
company website: https://www.frontiercoop.com
Pay Status: Salaried
Pay Range: Open, DOE
Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative supporting natural living since 1976 — owned by our customers that buy and sell our products. We feel the insights and values we gain from this special relationship with our owners are at the heart of our success. https://www.frontiercoop.com/community/about/what-is-a-coop Frontier markets the Frontier Co-op, Simply Organic and Aura Cacia brands, has over 550 employees and sales of $200 million annually. At Frontier, we believe in our products and each other, but we also spend time with our families and follow our passions. Responsible to both people and the planet, we support many philanthropic projects every year, locally and around the world.
Frontier are looking for a dynamic individual to fill the position of Director of Quality Control. Managing a team of 15 and reporting to the VP Technical Services, the position is responsible for all raw materials and finished goods quality as well as continuous product improvement initiatives. One of the key responsibilities will include management of the ISO accredited laboratories, including microbiology, chemistry and analytical chemistry (GC, HPLC, ICP, etc.) functions. The Director of Quality Control will collaborate and work closely with all other departments in the company, ensuring that quality standards are met and exceeded, the correct evaluation, testing and procedures are in place to certify high quality products and standards are maintained through the enforcement of quality policies.
The candidate needs to have a strong laboratory background with experience in Food Quality Control, instrumentation and 10-15 years of experience in the herb, spice or dehydrated ingredient industry. Additional experience in cosmetics would be a strong plus. Strong organizational skills are critical to this position and a history of proven success with a minimum education requirement of a Master’s in Microbiology or Analytical Chemistry, with a PhD preferred.