Company: Griffith Foods
Job Title: Regulatory Specialist
Location: Alsip, IL
Reports To: Susan Bergman, Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager
Summary: Provides Regulatory support and expertise both internally within Griffith Foods and externally with our clients to support the overall business strategy of the organization. Creates and interprets FDA and USDA labeling. Regularly communicates verbally and electronically with R&D, Sales and Clients to support defense and growth of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and provides required documentation support for internal and external customers. Support documentation including but not limited to: Specifications, Ingredient Statements, Allergen Statements, Genetically Modified Statements, Kosher, Halal, MSDS, Range Formulas, Nutrition Information, Country of Origin information.
- Interprets and applies proper terms for Griffith Laboratories’ ingredients to create accurate finished product labels.
- Is well versed in FDA and USDA labeling procedures and labeling nuances.
- Creates and interprets FDA and USDA labeling, regularly communicates with R&D, Sales, Clients.
- Communicates with external governing agencies to facilitate certification of materials, products, and promote positive business relationships.
- Collects, edits and transmits technical information to and from other Griffith Companies.
- Communicates receipt of Regulatory requests and provides updates as to progress and completion.
- Coordinates across functions to gather technical information needed to fulfill Regulatory requests.
- Coordinates/carries out specific projects related to Regulatory Compliance and the Regulatory Department. Assists in selected training of personnel.
- Coordinates the dissemination of electronic formula information to all functions to facilitate the development and production of safe and regulatory compliant food products. Provides formula disclosure to customers where authorized.
- Responsible for handling, maintaining, and enhancing the security of all information regarding product formulas and other technical information.
- Represents Regulatory and Product Development in professional business relationships with GLUS client and supplier base, academia, government, and corporations in the food industry.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field from a 4 year institution.
- 3-5 years’ Food Regulatory experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Applications.
- Strong working knowledge of FDA regulations and good basic knowledge of USDA regulations pertaining to raw materials, including applications and labeling.
To apply please visit: https://850.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/griffith
Company: Griffith Foods
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Alsip, IL
Reports To: Casey Cole, Customer Service Manager
Summary: The Customer Service Representative has the responsibility of interfacing directly with all external and internal Griffith customers regarding order placement and status, changes, and any potential delays to sales orders. The Customer Service Representative is accountable for all activities encompassing their clients and orders. This includes the accuracy of information entered, the timeliness of manufacturing and testing, communication to customers of potential delays and the safe and timely delivery of product. The Customer Service Representative is part of the Supply Chain team and collaborates to increase efficiency, determine inventories and maximize effectiveness throughout our internal processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of the customer relationship from Order placement to delivery.
- Creatively works with Scheduling, Planning and Operations to solve problems as they occur.
- Uses Root Cause analysis to put in place solutions to problems with customer orders, shipments, and documentation.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships, as well as, department rapport.
- Communicates in a professional manner with external and internal customers by phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Receives and enters orders for products and services by phone, fax, e-mail or mail using predetermined company guidelines.
- Understand basic Supply Chain concepts & applications.
- Works in conjunction with our Sales team and keeps them informed of critical order delays.
- Negotiates lead-times for sales orders using approved Supply Chain guidelines.
- Coordinates authorized returns and adjustments, as well as, customer credits.
- Monitors and communicates order status to internal and external customers.
- Maintains impeccable records of orders, products, & client information.
- Maintains customer databases including documentation and certificate requirements.
- Contacts Transportation partners directly for shipment tracing and damage information.
- Obtains Specification Sheets, Kosher & Halal Certificates, MSDS’s via Regulatory Request forms.
- Enters and coordinates customer complaints for service and quality issues via our CAPA system.
- Additional responsibilities include: Generating internal and customer reports and the maintenance of client history files.
- Involves the following teams: Quality Systems, Transportation, Shipping, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Pricing, as needed.
- Initiates New Parts according to current process and procedure.
- Responsible for invoicing customer shipments.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years Customer Service experience with a proven record of success with top level clients in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and their unique functionality is a plus.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to analyze data and problem solve.
- Proficient in MS Office skills; such as Word and Excel.