This is where registrants of this series can easily gain access to presentation recordings, Powerpoint decks in PDF format, videos, and additional resources made available for each installment of this web series.
Some information may not be released for availability by request of the presenter. All information is passcode protected to registrants of this web series. Registrants will receive a passcode and an email when new installments become available.
Session content for each installment will be accessible within 24 hours of its air date. Stay tuned and come back soon to see what’s next!
Questions? Please contact staff at [email protected] or call (202) 331-2460.
- Opening Message, Resilience in the Face of Uncertainty – Ben Nemtin, Co-founder, The Buried Life Movement
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Spice Supply Chains – Peter Sayia, A A Sayia & Company
- Maintaining Spice Operations Safely During a Pandemic – Larry Lichter, McCormick & Company, Inc.
- Regulatory and Legal Considerations for Spice Operations – Maile Hermida, Hogan and Lovells & ASTA’s General Counsel
- ASTA’s COVID-19 Resources and Advocacy – Laura Shumow, American Spice Trade Association
- Overview of Current Global Trade and Tariff Landscape – Bill Bryant, Bryant Christie
- Impact of Covid-19 On Food Trade – Ben England, Benjamin L. England & Associates, LLC
- Global Food Regulation Update – Martin Slayne, PhD, Slayne Consulting LLC
- How Small Spice Businesses Are Dealing with COVID-19 – James “McKinley” Thomason, Doug Jeffords
- Update on Sterilization Capacity During the Outbreak – Steve Markus, Sterigenics
- Crisis Management ≠ Risk Management – Joe Scimeca, IDFA
- Chemical Product Issues of Note – Lynn L. Bergeson, Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®)
- Exposure-based Screening Tool for Contaminants in Spices – Carolyn Scrafford and Mary Murphy, Exponent
- Update on ASTA’s Agricultural Chemical Advocacy Efforts – Lois Rossi, Rossi Consulting and Laura Shumow, ASTA
- India – Representatives from ITC and ISC
- Middle East (Egypt, Morocco, Turkey) – Mostafa Bedair, Giza Seeds & Herbs
- China – Mike Liu, BCFoods
- EU (Spain, etc.) – Guillermo Molina, Sabaters Spice
- Vietnam and Indonesia – Nitin Bansal, Olam
- U.S. – John Minardi (Moderator), Jain Farm Fresh
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Consumer Purchase Behavior – Amanda Topper and John Owen, Mintel
- The Future of Our Food System is Already Here – Chiara Cecchini, Innovation/Global Outreach Lead, Future Food Institute
- FDA Presents Validation Information for Spice Companies – Mathew Noonan, Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) and Nate Anderson, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Maintaining Certifications During the Pandemic – Jeremy Z Chamberlain, SGS Group
- Organic Certifications During the Pandemic – Elizabeth “Liz” Figueredo Quality Assurance International (QAI), a division of NSF
Friday, June 5, 2020 – FDA Priorities for the Safety of Imported Foods – Installment 9 (final)
- FDA Priorities for the Safety of Imported Foods – Don Prater, Associate Commissioner for Imported Food Safety, Office of Food Policy and Response, FDA and John Verbeten, FDA Office of Enforcement and Import Operations
Friday, June 5, 2020 – Closing Keynote: Staying Resilient in Trying Times
- Closing Keynote, Staying Resilient in Trying Times – Shawn Ellis, Entrepreneur, Speaker, Author, and Resilience Coach
Advanced Spice & Trading, Inc.
Certified Laboratories, Inc.
Food Safety Net Services
Harris Spice Co., Inc.
Johanson Transportation Service
Mincing Spice Company
SGS North America