ASTA is now accepting session proposals for the 2021 Annual Meeting.
Please let us know if you have a great idea, an interesting topic, or know of a knowledgeable or terrific speaker that will challenge and inspire our audience. All ideas are welcome and there are no fees required to submit a proposal.
As you develop your proposals, please consider the following:
- Points for creativity – fresh, new ideas are welcome! Consider outside subject matter experts whose areas of expertise have relevance for the spice industry.
- Sessions should deliver relevant content and actionable takeaways. Intermediate to advanced-level topics and case studies are highly desirable.
- Format matters—we encourage you to think beyond the traditional lecture format to deliver a learning experience that will have a lasting impact. Also, we will consider proposals for sessions of a mix of lengths of time, ranging from 20 to 60 minutes.
- Does the topic lend itself both to virtual and in-person education? We are hoping that the 2021 ASTA Annual Meeting will be held in-person, but virtual educational ideas may be needed as we continue to adapt.
- Commercially focused/vendor promotional proposals will not be accepted, but we encourage those inquiries to explore advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
The 2021 ASTA Annual Program Committee will begin to evaluate proposals in September. Please note that the Program Committee may make modifications to proposed session outlines to develop the best fit for the full program.
We are excited to begin planning the 2021 meeting and can’t wait to see your ideas!
Please submit proposals electronically to ASTA by Monday, September 14, 2020 at [email protected].
Once the Program Committee has finalized the 2021 program, ASTA will notify everyone on the status of all proposals submitted.