Susan L. Abbott served as president of ASTA from 1998 to 2000. To commemorate Susan’s life and work, ASTA and Roy Langhans, her husband, created a scholarship in her memory. ASTA matches Langhan’s donation every year to offer two $1,000 scholarships to member company families. A number of ASTA members make donations to the fund each year, allowing us to award additional scholarships based on donation amounts.
Students of all member company employees are invited to apply for a $1,000 scholarship. We expect to award five $1,000 scholarships in April 2018.
- Applicant must be related to someone at an ASTA member company.
- Applicant must currently have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicant must currently be a high school senior or a full-time college or university student.
- Scholarship will be awarded to attend a four-year college or university.
- Applicant must be a full-time student at the time they will receive the scholarship.
To submit for consideration, students must include the following with their submission:
- 1 Letter of recommendation
- List of extracurricular activities
- Official high school and college or university transcripts from all schools attended
- Essay –Choose one of the following topics:
- Describe a significant experience and how it has impacted you. How do you see it impacting your future?
- Identify a person who has had a significant influence on you and describe that influence and impact on your life
The deadline to apply is Monday, March 12, 2018. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
If you have any questions about the Susan L. Abbott Memorial Scholarship or would like to make a donation towards scholarships, please contact ASTA at 202-331-2460 or firstname.lastname@example.org