Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to: Vice President of QC & Food Safety
Location: Reno, Nevada
Pay Status: Salaried
Pay Range: Open, DOE
Revision Date: May 2018
High Quality Organics (www.HQOrganics.com) is the largest wholesale provider of exclusively organic ingredients in North America. We directly import organic ingredients from over 50 countries and mill these ingredients to our customers’ specifications. By controlling each step in the supply chain, we are able to ensure the safest and highest quality products at the lowest cost to our customers.
Purpose of Position: Provides technical expertise and support of food production focusing on quality and food safety standards. Assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards and material testing. Provides leadership and management of Quality and Production department members.
- Leads the drive for quality by studying product and customer requirements with other members of management and with production operators and technicians.
- Leads and drives the improvement of raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Leads the continuous improvement of in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Leads and drives the improvement of the standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Leads the continuous improvement of product quality documentation system.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
- Position reports to Vice President of QC & Food Safety
- Internal Relationships: Significant interaction with Purchasing, Sales, Production, Receiving, Shipping, Quality, Accounting and Management Staff.
- External Relationships: – Customers and Industry
Measures of Performance:
- Maintain 95% or highest level of achievement on all third party and customer audits
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement while helping to achieve overall business goals and world class customer service
Background and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years experience with a history of success in a quality management role
- SQF experience required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or a Bachelor’s degree in non-technical field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a quality role.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to collect and prepare data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven success in building a high performance team
- Proven history of consistently meeting deadlines
- Works well as a self-motivating team player, who thrives in a fast paced, multi-tasking and results-oriented environment
- Strong problem solving ability with personal and business maturity
- Operates with a sense of urgency and consistently demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload
- Salaried position, Base + Monthly Bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K