Position Title: Quality Control Manager
Company: Vanns Spices Ltd.
Department: Quality Control
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Full-time Salary Exempt
Date: September 1, 2011, rev. 12.27.11, rev. 3.8.18
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be responsible for food safety and report any food safety or quality issues
- Liaise with other department heads to constantly improve Vanns’ Quality Systems
- Oversee Vanns’ SQF and QC programs to ensure adherence to the program standards
- Oversee Vanns’ Organic, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free programs to ensure adherence to the program standards
- Oversee raw material sampling program to ensure proper testing and inspection are performed prior to release of materials
- Develop, implement and ensure adherence to new and existing procedures for documentation
- Develop, implement and ensure adherence to new and existing procedures for training employees
- Develop, implement and ensure adherence to new and existing SOP and SSOPs
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to provide and obtain certifications, audits and other documentation as needed
- Manage two QC team members to aid in compliance of overall quality goals
- Take the lead on 3rd party, regulatory, and customer audits
- Other duties as needed
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, people skills.
- Must have HACCP and GFSI-based system certification
- Detail oriented.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, self starter, motivator
- Must prioritize workplace and food safety
Education and Experience
- Food Science degree preferred
- Computer savvy
- Two years experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in a quality control function preferred
- Experience with GFSI audits preferred
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. Will need to be able to lift 50 lbs on occasion.
Working Conditions: Environment can be dusty with spices and filled with strong odors.
Backup: In absence, President will perform duties.